|HOME | CHECK AVAILABILITY | CONTACT US | FAQ|
Go off-road with us on the famous Bloomfield Track, well known since Council Bulldozers pushed it through the Daintree Rainforest in spite of protestors in 1983. The Bloomfield Track starts just north of Cape Tribulation, which is itself 36 kilometres north of the Daintree River in Far North Queensland, Australia.
The track continues for 32 kilometres through rugged terrain to the Bloomfield River, and a road continues to Cooktown from there. There are no houses or farms in this area, just the magnificent Daintree National Park coming right down to the Coral Sea, meeting The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. This is truly wilderness.
The 1/2 Day Tour is our most popular Safari, and takes in the best scenery between Cape Tribulation and the 40m Bloomfield Falls. We travel by air conditioned Toyota Landcruiser and stop regularly to admire the views and experience the area. Only 7 are taken in each group. As much time as possible is spent outside the 4WD.
* Expert commentary from your experienced local guide
* Emmagen Valley where we explore the Rainforest and view the mighty Strangler Fig
* Donovans Lookout - spectacular vista to the north, only rugged and beautiful coastline can be seen, with nothing man-made to spoil the scene
* Cowie Beach- we walk on this amazing beach where the trees not only grow down to the water, they grow in it!
* Woobadda River- a delicious morning tea is served here and you can relax or have a swim in the fresh mountain water
* Bloomfield River- this lookout is a great place to spot crocodiles sunning on the bank, but not so good for swimming
* 40m Bloomfield Falls- the ultimate destination and well worth it
* Here we are guided to the falls by the Traditional Owners
The 4WDriving ranges from extreme to easy, depending on the season. Masons Tours carry extensive safety and recovery equipment. All drivers have completed nationally accredited 4WD Training and First Aid Courses. Why not join us for an exciting 1/2 Day off road in the Daintree?